Friday, May 15, 2009

May 14th and 15th

What a day! It seems like 3 days because so much has happened.

Weather: Sort of Chilly maybe in the upper 50s Where I walked: moved on from Chautauqua NY early because we have walked a good bit past it. We are in Erie PA

The “Safe house” where I stayed: There was Dani Kinney the other day and in Erie we are staying at the Avalon Hotel. Our original host Sheri Nelson has a cat and Sally is allergic. So Sheri and her partner Michelle got us a room at the hotel on them. Paul & Hope Desante in Fairfiew PA.

The people I met: Whew there is quite a list. Sheri, Michelle, reconnected with Lisa Gensheimer, (from my walk in 2003). We met a teacher and local historian by the name of Johnny Johnson.

Who walked with me: Sally Tatnall, my good friend, fellow walker and planner extraordinaire, Johnny Johnson and Marilyn Sobotinic.

One thing I really want you to know: We visited the Watson-Curtze Mansion We were out and about and came across a group of 3rd graders on a field trip to a local health fair. Next thing that you know Johnny explained who I was and they gathered around to hear my story.

We were on TV channel 24 in Erie PA. Johnny Johnson took pictures and video.

No comments:

Post a Comment